Justice And Peace
Maintaining the rights and flourishing of Christians in the Holy Land.
Justice & Peace
The Equestrian Order encourages the education of members through the dissemination of accurate and timely information about the challenges affecting and needs of the Christian community in Israel, the Palestinian Territories, Jordan and Cyprus. Especially with present conditions being what they are in the Holy Land, justice and peace issues are of vital concern to the Order. Maintaining the rights of Christians in the Holy Land is an issue that ultimately affects all Christians, for it calls into question the right of all of us to walk in the footsteps of Jesus, Our Savior.
Sir Laurin Dodd, KGCHS
Rose Dodd, DGCHS
Sir Pieter Scholte, KGCHS
Dame Miriam Scholte, DGCHS
Among the activities taking place at the Lieutenancy and diocesan level are:
- Creating opportunities for the co-promotion of inter-religious dialogue and understanding.
- Placing articles on justice and peace issues, particularly with respect to the Holy Land, in diocesan newspapers and church bulletins;
- Attempting to get articles, editorials or letters to the editor published in local newspapers;
- Contributing to the Lieutenancy newsletter column or page on justice and peace;
- Promoting small group rosaries on a monthly basis for the intentions of peace in the Holy Land and our Christian brothers and sisters;
- Encouraging members to make a pilgrimage to the Holy Land;
- Praying the Memorare each day for the intention of Peace in the Holy Land and for the intentions of our Holy Father.
Justice and Peace is in many ways what being a Knight or Dame is all about. We hope every member will be actively involved in this effort.
The news from the Holy Land continues to bring the horrors of war to the forefront. The following letters bring updates along with messages of the need to pray.We ask our Mother Mary, Queen of the Rosary, for an end to the turmoil with the hope that peace and healing come to those in desperate
“We are all united in this “reduced” liturgical life, continuing to pray for peace and support the pilgrims and everyone who is still in Bethlehem.” With war and violence cutting through the Land of Jesus, the checkpoints that control the accesses to the Palestinian territories have been closed, and as a consequence, all the workers
Passionate about debating and eager to take skills to the global stage, 12 students, from Collège des Frères Bethlehem Debate Club , under the coaching and entrepreneurship of Miss Muna Kattan, started training at the Academy, this Sunday. We’re thrilled to announce that our talented team recently embarked on an incredible journey to Slovenia, where