Justice And Peace
Maintaining the rights and flourishing of Christians in the Holy Land.
Justice & Peace
The Equestrian Order encourages the education of members through the dissemination of accurate and timely information about the challenges affecting and needs of the Christian community in Israel, the Palestinian Territories, Jordan and Cyprus. Especially with present conditions being what they are in the Holy Land, justice and peace issues are of vital concern to the Order. Maintaining the rights of Christians in the Holy Land is an issue that ultimately affects all Christians, for it calls into question the right of all of us to walk in the footsteps of Jesus, Our Savior.
Sir Laurin Dodd, KGCHS
Rose Dodd, DGCHS
Sir Pieter Scholte, KGCHS
Dame Miriam Scholte, DGCHS
Among the activities taking place at the Lieutenancy and diocesan level are:
- Creating opportunities for the co-promotion of inter-religious dialogue and understanding.
- Placing articles on justice and peace issues, particularly with respect to the Holy Land, in diocesan newspapers and church bulletins;
- Attempting to get articles, editorials or letters to the editor published in local newspapers;
- Contributing to the Lieutenancy newsletter column or page on justice and peace;
- Promoting small group rosaries on a monthly basis for the intentions of peace in the Holy Land and our Christian brothers and sisters;
- Encouraging members to make a pilgrimage to the Holy Land;
- Praying the Memorare each day for the intention of Peace in the Holy Land and for the intentions of our Holy Father.
Justice and Peace is in many ways what being a Knight or Dame is all about. We hope every member will be actively involved in this effort.
We were pleased to host Qas Ziad Khadash, the writer Carol Sansour and Dr. Writer Maram Masarwa in a beautiful evening that was full of stories and poetry. Follow this ministry on Facebook.
lease click here to read the newsletter of Caritas Jerusalem for the months of Januray till March 2023. In this issue, we covered the following topics: Intergenerational Project: bridging the gap between the youth and the elderly; Family to family support; Women and youth empowerment in Jenin; and Mobile medical teams in marginalized communities in the Gaza Strip. Read the
Read the full report As we reflect upon the achievements and challenges of the year 2022, we are reminded of the profound words of St. Francis of Assisi: “Lord, make me an insturment of your peace.”